108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: make_tape_recover vs. make_net_recover

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

If you are going to test a make_tape_recovery tpae that was made on your rp7410 or rp7420's on a K380, well.......godd luck.

Those machines are so different that your K380 will probably not come up. It might, but I kind of doubt it.

There is a setting in the Ignite interface, when booting from the tape, somewhere that tells Ignite that you are recovering to different hardware. Make sure you find that and set it. Hopefully it will help.

But still, the K series machines and the rp74x0 machines are very different architecturally, so don't be too surprised if the make_tape_recovery tape doesn't work on the K380.
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

I have a SCSI MSL5030 off site too. I did a make_tape_recovery on that system and would restore off of that LTO tape.
Hustle Makes things happen
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

MSL5030 is a tape library and not considered a bootable device. So you'll need and external tape drive on a dedicated SCSI bus in order to boot off of that tape. You'll then have to move that external tape drive around from server to server in order to restore.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

So is this probably why the consultant said we had to buy a dds tape drive that was physically connected?
Hustle Makes things happen