1752754 Members
4790 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: make_tape_recovery & post install script

Judson Cox_2

make_tape_recovery & post install script

Problem with make_tape_recovery, v3.4.

I'm trying to use make_tape_recovery to create a system recovery tape and set it up to run a post-install script (to perform some mirroring and a few miscellaneous tasks.)

If I'm reading the instructions properly, I'm supposed to include the post-install script in the file /var/opt/ignite/recovery/config.local. When I do this however, the script never seems to run.

I've notice the following in the release notes for Ignite 3.5:

* make_tape_recovery does not include the config file: /var/opt/ignite/recovery/config.local (or /var/opt/ignite/clients//recovery/config.local) on the tape. This is inconsistent with the make_net_recovery behavior and will be corrected in a future release to include this file.

Does anyone know if this is indeed a bug that makes it impossible to automatically run a post-install script or if there is a workaround to get it going?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Try upgrading to V3.5, to see if it fixes it.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

I've not tried using the post-run stuff, but do also need to remirror and such, so I'll give it a shot. I'm running ignite B.3.4.115 on HP11.0 patched through the 12/2001 patchset.

Have you tried hacking /var/opt/ignite/recover/config.recover to add the mirror stuff at the end in the "post_config_cmd" section? It may be worth a shot, altough if ignite builds this dynamically for each run, then it won't help. Maybe make the change and run the make_tape_recovery in preview mode and then take a look at the script to see if your changes are still there.
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Judson Cox

I???ll give the 3.5 upgrade a try when I get a chance.

I???ve played with the /var/opt/ignite/recover/config.recover file a little. From what I understand, this file is created when you use the ???p (preview) option with make_recovery, but there doesn???t seem to be a way to create it with make_tape_recovery. When I do create the file (using make_recovery) and then create the tape (using make_tape_recovery) the file is copied onto the tape, but it doesn???t seem to be run.

(Why won???t it let me assign points? It thinks I???m not the question author?)

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Here is a sample example for you to look at,

http://us-support3.external.hp.com/cki/bin/doc.pl/sid=f3509a750b12e84988/screen=ckiDisplayDocument?docId=200000024626082

Hope this helps.

Regds

p.s.: to assign points you should be logged in into itrc with your user id, the one you used to post the question.