1753964 Members
7529 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: make_tape_recovery as standalone?

Tom Burba
Occasional Advisor

make_tape_recovery as standalone?

Can make_tape_recovery be installed and used as a standalone app without ignite? How? Any dependencies, libraries, etc.?
UNIX is like an ocean... (anonymous)
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I doubt that that will work. make_tape_recovery relies on other programs in the /opt/ignite/bin directory so if you just had make_tape_recovery and ran it, it would fail eventually and you wouldn't have a good recovery tape.

Any particular reason you don't want to install the whole package? Are you short on disk space?
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

make_tape_recovery is a command that is distributed with ignite and is dependent on other commands distributed with ignite software. So the answer is no, you cannot install make_tape_recovery as a seperate package. You'll have top install the ignite software.

Hope this helps.

Regds
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Hi
sorry but make_recovery i think is part of Ignite, but its free so install it and gain the benefit

cheers
John
Darrell Allen
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

I'm not sure if this helps but you can download and install Ignite for just the OS version you are going to run it on. You don't have to install support for all OS versions and you don't have to have an Ignite server, per se. Regardless, there is no substitute for having Ignite on an HPUX system and for making regular Ignite backups.

Darrell
"What, Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Magazine)
Francois Bariselle_3
Regular Advisor

Hi,
You are no choice to install ignite!

Frank.
Fais la ...