5636 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

make_tape_recovery error.

TAMILVANAN
Advisor

make_tape_recovery error.

Hi folks,
When I ran a make_tape_recovery with one of the lvol(/dev/vg00/lvol5) unmounted it fails with an error which is there in the attachment.
If I mount that logicalvolume and execute the same command it works fine. Is there any workaround for this problem?
7 REPLIES 7
eran maor
Honored Contributor

Re: make_tape_recovery error.

Hi

the issue is that you are trying to backup the whole vg00 and he check to see if all the logical volume is mounted .

i would choose to work with option -A that is backing all the system that you need .

you didnt tell us what is lvol5 - it is /home ?

love computers
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

As eran says this does not work as the lvol5 is not mounted.

The only way I can think to do this is actually mount the /vol5 but exclude it from the backup:

mount /dev/vg00/lvol5

make_recovery -A -p

edit file /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch.include and remove the /dev/vg00/lvol5 entry

make_recovery -r

WHEN YOU RESTORE THIS TO A FRESH SERVER YOU WILL HAVE NO /lvol5

cheers
John.
TAMILVANAN
Advisor

Hi Eran Maor,
Thanx for your immediate reply. The /dev/vg00/lvol5) was earlier mounted in /home directory.But now I moved all the data on lvol5 to /dev/vg00/lvol9 and I am mounting lvol9 in /home directory.So I unmounted the lvol5.
The important note is the same command was working with IG-UX B.3.3.116 version earlier in the same machine.Today I uninstalled B.3.3.116 version and installed B.3.5.89 the latest version. Since then the problem started.
If I mount the /dev/vg00/lvol5 in some dummy directory then the same command works fine. So what I feel there may be a patch for this release.Can u please throw some light on this problem.

eran maor
Honored Contributor

Hi Again

dobule check it , there isnt a patch that solve the problem but this version will not allow you to spik lvol5 unless you will do as
john said to exclude the lvol5 from the /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch.include

you can also make a 1 m.b filesystem in the lvol5 that you will have no problem with using lvm and ignite on this issue .

to the guideline that john gave is good
love computers
TAMILVANAN
Advisor

Hi all,
Thanx for all the suggestions.But still I am in surprise why I didn't face the problem with my earlier version of the Ignite-ux when I executed the same command.
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

You'll most likely find that the earlier
version had a number of bugs in it. Perhaps
this was one of them. Like most patches and
application software updates, it pays to keep
on top of them and regularly do updates.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
TAMILVANAN
Advisor

Hi,
Thanx for everybody who has given suggestions. The problem is resolved when I upgraded to the latest Ig-ux (B.3.6.82) which is available in Hp's Ig-Ux download site now.