Operating System - HP-UX
1753857 Members
7356 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nsswitch.conf disappears after Ignite!

Neil Steurs
Advisor

nsswitch.conf disappears after Ignite!

After Ignite of any server, nsswitch.conf is not installed. I have included the file in the default image and have a post_config script to install it, but still it is not apparent upon completion! I have to add it manually afterwards. WHY???
5 REPLIES 5
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/faq.html#archive-a2

extract from above ignite FAQ's

8-2 /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf files from my archive don't end up on the install target, why?

There are certain files which Ignite-UX messes with during the configuration process (among them resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf). To end up with the archive versions of these files on your target machines, we provide 2 scripts called os_arch_post_l and os_arch_post_c.

These scripts are delivered in /opt/ignite/data/scripts. You will probably only need to modify os_arch_post_l. Copy it to a new name in the same directory and then edit it. Search on resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf for directions on what to change.

After the script has been changed, modify your config file which describes the archive to point to the new script.
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Neil Steurs
Advisor

Thanks for the quick replies.

However, I understand that os_arch_[lc] are used when applying a recovery archive/Golden Image. In my case, I am installing new servers from a flexible INDEX file with many permutations (we have to support many different country/hardware set ups) and I cannot find any config files that reference these. Even including a post_config_script in my /var/.../scripts_cfg to get nsswitch.conf does not fix it! Am I missing something?
Neil Steurs
Advisor

Thanks very much! I finally got to that doc (I had a Europe login) and its exactly what I need.

weller
Advisor

Hallo

i have the same problem, but i not understand which document help you.
can you put the doc ID

Thanks
Michail