Operating System - HP-UX
1748265 Members
3909 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

pb ignite with dvd : message :/opt/ignite/lbin/mkisofs: Error 0. cannot fwrite 32768*1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ludovic Derlyn
Esteemed Contributor

pb ignite with dvd : message :/opt/ignite/lbin/mkisofs: Error 0. cannot fwrite 32768*1

Hi,

I have this message "/opt/ignite/lbin/mkisofs: Error 0. cannot fwrite 32768*1" when i execute mkisofs
My archive is > to 2 Gb, 4,1 Gb exactly
Patch phkl_33110 is installed

have you an idea ?
regards
4 REPLIES 4
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

Re: pb ignite with dvd : message :/opt/ignite/lbin/mkisofs: Error 0. cannot fwrite 32768*1

hi;
Once a golden system is defined, you need to make sure that there is enough file
system space for the golden image and the resulting ISO image. For example, if the system image is
3GB in size, then you will need a directory with 3GB available space for the golden image and
another directory with 3GB available space for the ISO image.
One important thing to keep in mind when creating an ISO image is that these tools are designed to
be used to create installation media ├в on CD or DVD. As a result, the overall size of the ISO image is
not expected to be more than approximately 4GB. Older versions of these tools were even limited to
golden images of no more than 2GB.

regards;
mustafa
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: pb ignite with dvd : message :/opt/ignite/lbin/mkisofs: Error 0. cannot fwrite 32768*1

Hi,

also check if you have largefile option enabled:
# fstyp -v /dev/vg00/lvol3 |grep -i f_flag

If f_flag is 0 then you have max 2 GB
If f_flag is 16 then you have max 8 GB

Also:
Which command did you use?

Volkmar
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Ludovic Derlyn
Esteemed Contributor

ok, i have forgotten to create filesystem with option largefiles ...

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

... you have to insert the right dev for your system for /dev/vg00/lvol3 - of course ...
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***