1752588 Members
4208 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: swagentd not running at post_config stage

Heather Keen
Occasional Contributor

swagentd not running at post_config stage

I have some software that needs to be installed after the client has booted it's new kernel and performed the (main O/S) software configure.

Therefore I have used a post_config_cmd to run a swinstall command to install the aforementioned software.

This worked fine when run from my HP-UX 11.00 Ignite server, however, I have just upgraded my Ignite server to HP-UX 11i (June2002 OS, with Ignite B.3.7.96), and this has caused a problem:-

The post_config_cmd executing the swinstall command fails with RPC errors due to the fact that the swagentd process is not running on the client.

What's changed? Is this correct behaviour?
6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Does your client have swagent configured to start at boot time? If not, then change it to be so.

live free or fie
harry
Live Free or Die
Heather Keen
Occasional Contributor

I'm guessing that the default behaviour is for it to start at boot time. I haven't changed any config related to whether it starts or not.

The swagentd process _is_ running after the final boot (i.e. when the installation process has completed).
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Heather,

Now I understand what you are talking about. That doesn't appear to be normal behaviour: swagentd not running during an ignite.

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/docs.html

Unfortunately the doc's don't appear to be available at this time. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Made the doc available for you at my server.

http://www.cmve.net/documents/

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Heather Keen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the links to documentation etc.

I've actually already read all the documentation I can find (incl. March 2002 Ignite-UX Admin Guide), but none of it has been any help.

I don't believe that I am doing anything out-of-the-ordinary, in fact it is based on an example from the HP Ignite-UX course notes.
Heather Keen
Occasional Contributor

I sussed this out eventually...

As I wasn't loading any SD software in the initial stage (o/s archive only), Ignite saw fit not to bother starting the swagentd after it's first reboot.

I started it manually and it worked fine.