tftpd and ignite-ux

Woo Kim Chye
Occasional Advisor

tftpd and ignite-ux

I have a few xyplex terminals that use bootp protocol to get IP address from a A500 workstation. The bootp works fine and the xyplex terminals able to get the IP addr from the workstation upon boot up.
However, after I have installed "Ignite-UX-11-00 B.3.3.116", the xyplex cannot get the IP from the workstation. After checking the inetd.conf, I found that the the ignite directory has been added to the tftpd as shown below:
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/lbin/tftpd tftpd /opt/ignite /var/opt/ignite

When I do a ps -ef | grep tftpd, the tftpd daemon will run the the option "/opt/ignite /var/opt/ignite".
The workstation is previously installed with the older version of Ignite-UX, "Ignite-UX-11-00 B.2.6.358".

After commenting the line /opt/ignite and /var/opt/ignite, the xyplex is able to get the IP using bootp.

Does anyone have any idea on this issue.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Re: tftpd and ignite-ux

Woo,

Try adding the path /home/tftpdir(or the directory you specified for tftp to download your xyplex code ) to tftp line in /etc/inetd.conf and try.
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/lbin/tftpd tftpd /home/tftpdir /opt/ignite /var/opt/ignite

and restart inetd.

If no path is specified in /etc/inetd.conf for tftpd, tftp will download from it's home directory that is mentioned in /etc/passwd file.

-Sri

tftp usually downloads the files from it's home directory if no path is specified in inetd.conf.

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try