1748177 Members
4220 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: update-ux disk space estimate varies significantly

Ken Englander
Regular Advisor

update-ux disk space estimate varies significantly

I am applying the Sep 2010 fusion release to a number of hosts. Today I found two host are "requiring" MUCH more space in /opt. During previous updates I was able to apply the update with 1 Gb free in /opt. The updates I did earlier today both required over 2.5 Gb free. Does anyone have an idea why I would find so much variation?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

There are more products in /opt?
Ken Englander
Regular Advisor

I do not understand - I am applying the same update to all the systems. Are you suggesting there is a difference in what is currently installed on the target system?
TTr
Honored Contributor

> Are you suggesting there is a difference in what is currently installed on the target system?

I think that's exactly what Dennis is suggesting. Do you have the sizes of /opt of the hosts before the update? Or a listing (swlist) of the installed software?
Ken Englander
Regular Advisor

I may have missed the obvious, but it is hard to check after the fact. I now suspect the discrepancies I see are related to what was on the system prior to the update.

In other words the systems which required less space were mostly already on the Mar10 fusion release. However, these two systems with the additional requirements were based on the Mar08 fusion release with the Sep09 standarad patch bundles applied.

Perhaps that is a DUH moment!?