Operating System - HP-UX
1753631 Members
5781 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: what command line should i use to copy the config, patches and software installation f

Bernard  Bravo
Advisor

what command line should i use to copy the config, patches and software installation f

Do good, Look Good, Feel Good
4 REPLIES 4
Bernard  Bravo
Advisor

Re: what command line should i use to copy the config, patches and software installation f

this is from 10.2 (hp715) and the copy will be restored to 11.0 (b2000 workstation)
Do good, Look Good, Feel Good
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Try print_manifest of IGNITE-UX.
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Ignite could not be used for this task because this is a non-standard request. Here's why:

* Ignite's make_recovery utilities are documented to work when making and archive on a particular machine and restoring that image on a like machine. When you go from different class machines, it *may* work if both machines use the same Ignite kernel (Vinstall, Winstall, Install), but it's not guaranteed to work. 715 to a B2000 is the first issue here.

* Next the 10.20/11.00 issue: Changing operating system levels throws a curve into this process. If you want to preseve your configuration, you would upgrade the existing machine if possible. But you want to end up with the B2000 in production. Again, the 715 10.20 tape could not be used to restore the B2000 at 11.00.

Your best bet is to contact HP Consulting and have them work up a custom solution for you. They could assist you in transferring your existing configuration to the B2000.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

print_manifest is a print out utility to show you installed software, custom configuration, disk layout etc.

It is not a transfer utility to get that information transferred to the B2000. It also does not have information like printers, users, etc.
"Downtime is a Crime."