New Discussion юеВ

Re: InfoSight - Sharing Links with others

SOLVED
Go to solution
David_DXC
Occasional Contributor

InfoSight - Sharing Links with others

Hi,

Maybe it is just me, but when I go to share a page with others e.g. the Nimble OS software page, I notice that there appears to be a Unique code in the middle of the URL e.g. https://infosight.hpe.com/org/urn%3Ainfosight%3A5acXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXe51f3b32/resources/nimble/software/NimbleOS/NimbleOS (I have Xed some of it out in case it identifies my account).

When I send this link to people in my company, they get:
" There was a problem verifying your access to this organization.
If you have reached this page immediately after logging in, please update your landing page on the Home page."

I think it would be good to either:

1. get some "Sharing" link option, or 
  2. remove the unique code from the middle of URLs for general pages.

Any other suggestions, or how do these suggestions feedback to the developers to review please?

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

The "/org/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/" part refers to which organisation you're inside of at that given time. To share a link, just remove that part from the link - so in your given example it would be https://infosight.hpe.com/resources/nimble/software/NimbleOS

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
impalaskiphire
Occasional Visitor

thanks

David_DXC
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info and workaround. That is good to know.

To the un-informed, I guess this could still be an issue, so maybe my sharing button idea still has some legs. But I am sure you get a better view of feedback and priorities than I do

Cheers,

David

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hey David,

All feedback is good feedback. Infosight Product Management have made a note to resolve.

thank you!

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_