New Discussion юеВ

Re: Infosight registration for nimble storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
smitty8766
Occasional Contributor

Infosight registration for nimble storage

Hello!

I own a nimble storage array, How do I go about registering and setting it up with my infosight organization? When I log into infosight it says no nimble array was assigned to your email address and leaves me with no additional options. 

Thank you so much,

BS

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Nimble auto-creates and registers your array to InfoSight against your company account. It sounds like your passport account isnтАЩt registered against that account.

If you give Nimble Support a call, they will sort it for you in a few minutes.
Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
smitty8766
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply.

I belive the nimble array is still registered under the pevious owners company account. 

smitty8766
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Upon reaching out to nimble support, it was explained to me once a nimble array has been decommissioned by the previous owner, HPE will not do anything to help you. Essentially soft bricking your device.

Below is an email from nimble support. Some personal information was redacted.

тАЬAlex tried a lot of things, contacted quite some other team members and there was truly nothing we can do for this array.
Nimble support has no required privileges to add an array to InfoSight and there is no valid process for our service ops team to make the change you requested either.тАЭ

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I've just taken a look at the support case & the details behind it. We cannot add devices to Infosight for AI/ML predictive analytics without valid and active support entitlement. This system doesn't have any active entitlement in place, so we can't enable Infosight for it.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_