cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Break down the IT silos that slow delivery of services

JudyGoldman

Hi, darrenj1,

Thanks so much for your comment.  Here's a reply from Dave Langlais at HPE:

Hi, darrenj1,, Automations and orchestrations have a pretty unique property in that the more you do, and the more complex, the value returned geometrically increases.  However, even very simple automation/orchestration - like the ‘ping’ function you mention - really can deliver value if leveraged.  For instance, it is true that doing a simple ping through the command line is really not very different than having a ‘ping’ function execute.

The real value comes when your teams realize that ‘they’ don’t have to do it. They can do other, more important actions. The ping function can do it based on conditional situations, logging results, analyzing trends/behaviors. And the results can be connected to other actions/functions to do ‘what’s next’ after the results of their ping comes back.  The power of automation/orchestration solutions like OO is when you start connecting individual actions together – that can be executed, error-free, anytime necessary, and always available.

It’s a huge leap in efficiency… We have many great examples of companies that have gotten past the point where you are.  We would be happy to connect you to others who have overcome the challenges you’re facing now. Feel free to contact me if you’d like more help.

Dave Langlais, HPE

dave.langlais@hpe.com

0 Kudos
About the Author

JudyGoldman

My work at HPE gives me a way to share my passion for emerging technology, connecting people to innovation, and sharing stories that help others engage with and understand the world around them. I'm a digital nomad, often found traveling with my micro companion KC, a 6-1/2 pound mini Dachshund.

Comments
darrenj1

Im really trying to get OO in use at our organisation, but hitting stumbling blocks with teams not responding proactively to it, they just cannot see how a "ping" function for example is any better than when they do a ping via command prompt like now. They see the new OO processes as longer than current processes.

JudyGoldman

Hi, darrenj1,

Thanks so much for your comment.  Here's a reply from Dave Langlais at HPE:

Hi, darrenj1,, Automations and orchestrations have a pretty unique property in that the more you do, and the more complex, the value returned geometrically increases.  However, even very simple automation/orchestration - like the ‘ping’ function you mention - really can deliver value if leveraged.  For instance, it is true that doing a simple ping through the command line is really not very different than having a ‘ping’ function execute.

The real value comes when your teams realize that ‘they’ don’t have to do it. They can do other, more important actions. The ping function can do it based on conditional situations, logging results, analyzing trends/behaviors. And the results can be connected to other actions/functions to do ‘what’s next’ after the results of their ping comes back.  The power of automation/orchestration solutions like OO is when you start connecting individual actions together – that can be executed, error-free, anytime necessary, and always available.

It’s a huge leap in efficiency… We have many great examples of companies that have gotten past the point where you are.  We would be happy to connect you to others who have overcome the challenges you’re facing now. Feel free to contact me if you’d like more help.

Dave Langlais, HPE

dave.langlais@hpe.com

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more