Insight Control for Linux
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cleanup ICE-Linux Repository

Cannot cleanup ICE-Linux Repository

Hello,

I've recently upgraded HP ICE-Linux from 2.0 to 2.00.01. I don't recall having this problem before, but I am now unable to cleanup my ICE-Linux Repository. I am running HP SIM 5.2.2. If I go to Options / Manage ICE Repository, I see several captured image. If I select one ore more, then click "Delete", nothing happens. I've tried this using Firefox and IE. I understand that I still may have to cleanup /opt/repository/image on the SIM server, but my problem is that I'm unable to remove the name from the Repository database.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! John
5 REPLIES
Mitchell Kulberg
Valued Contributor

Re: Cannot cleanup ICE-Linux Repository

Well John,

You've found something totally new! Congratulations! :)

When you say 'nothing happens', can you elaborate more?

Does the GUI act like it did it but then the item is still there. Is there a delay where it appears to be doing something but nothing happens, or is it like you are clicking something that is not really a link?

One other thing you can check.

When you go to delete the item, monitor the log file at /var/opt/mx/logs/mxdomainmgr.0.log and see if there are any error messages or exceptions.

Thanks,
Mitch

Mitch,

When I click on "Delete", in IE it shows "Waiting for https...." for a split second on the bottom of the browser. In Firefox, I see "Loading..." in my tab for also a split second. I did a tail -f on mxdomainmgr.0.log and it did not display any messages when I clicked "Delete".

Thanks, John
Jay Greguske
Occasional Visitor

Hi John,

Could you check a few things for me?

- There should be a corresponding .xml file in /opt/repository/.icle that is named the same as the captured image. Is that still present after trying to delete the repository entry in the UI?

- Is /opt/repository/.icle on a read-only filesystem? (NFS mounted?)

- Does the SIM user you're logging in as have permission to modify the contents of the /opt/repository/.icle directory?

Thanks,
- Jay
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

Can you send us the contents of /opt/mx/icle/icle.properties. I want to make sure the REPOSITORY_HTTP_IP attribute isn't set to the 127.0.0.1 address.

Donna

Jay,

In /opt/repository/.icle, the corresponding .xml file does still exist after I click Delete in the HP SIM GUI. That directory is local to the system and has these properties:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 22 11:50 /opt/repository/.icle

I am able to manually create a file in that directory as root, which is who I'm loggin in as in HP SIM.

Donna,

Here's the contents of icle.properties:

REPOSITORY_PXECONFIG_PATH=/opt/repository/boot/pxelinux.cfg
REPOSITORY_PATH=/opt/repository
REPOSITORY_AGE_LIMIT=7200
REPOSITORY_HTTP_IP=166.22.32.9
REPOSITORY_HTTP_PORT=60000
SUPPORT_MATRIX_PATH=/opt/mx/icle/SupportMatrix.xml
PLATFORM_MATRIX_PATH=/opt/mx/icle/config/platforms.xml
DEBUG=true
PLUGIN_HOME=/opt/mx/icle
ICLE_VERSION=0.1