2974 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP System Management Software

Chartwell
Occasional Advisor

HP System Management Software

Hi,

I am fairly new to HP SIM but from my understanding it s front for the HP System Management software, much like System Management Homepage...

I manage to install System Management Homepage just fine on CentOS 5.2 using the following:
sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck hp-health-8.2.5-50.rhel5.x86_64.rpm hp-snmp-agents-8.2.5-50.rhel5.x86_64.rpm hpsmh-3.0.1-73.x86_64.rpm hp-smh-templates-8.2.5-41.noarch.rpm hp-OpenIPMI-8.2.5-34.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

However when I hit https://IP:2381 as suggested, the software doesn't show any useful information at all - see attached.

I have read many many pages on how to deal with this and none of them make any sense really...

I understand that this issue us down to the HP Software not being able to talk to the local SNMP daemon the communities are not defined on SNMPD... However I have no idea what these communities should be named or set as....

Can some one please shed some light onto this matter?

This is an off the shelf installation with a simple CentOS 5.2 installation - nothing fancy - It all should work but I cannot find any installation instructions or a walk though...

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

You may have to install PSP or Server Agents.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Chartwell
Occasional Advisor

Hi

These rpms are from the PSP pack... This "should" work but it seems me like many cannot get it to work...

Do you have a definitive list of rpms or package names I need? Or perhaps a URL with some details?

Thanks
Bryan Gartner
Valued Contributor

Looks like you found the right PSP packages for that distro (and you can in the future use the Software Delivery Repository -- http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR ). That said, you may still need to configure the SNMP agents ( /sbin/hpsnmpconfig ) and perhaps even restart SMH.
Chartwell
Occasional Advisor

That worked a treat! Thank you very much!
Any idea on how to get Windows SMHP working? hehe - same issue