Operating System - Linux
1752601 Members
4552 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ICLE 2.0 - Version Control Repository

ICLE 2.0 - Version Control Repository

How do I install Version Control Repository Manager (VCRM) on any discovered system

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher Grandinetti
Frequent Advisor

Mario,

VCRM is a repository manager that only runs on Windows. It works with the Version Control Agent (VCA) that runs on the managed nodes. The VCA can run on Windows and Linux.

In the case of the Linux CMS, you need a Windows system somewhere acting as a VCRM server. You will then need to configure the ICE-Linux CMS to reference the VCRM server.

Regards,
-Chris

Thanks for the information.

This is what I am planning. Can you advice if it can be done.

I am looking at using ICLE 2.0 and VCRM as a patch/rpm for my linux systems. the way i would like it to preform is I get all the downloads from RedHat or copy them to a repository, apply those updates to my dev server and freeze them. onces testing has been completed and successful i would like to apply the frozen patches to my prod server.

any ideas if this can be done
Christopher Grandinetti
Frequent Advisor

Mario,

I checked with folks internally and found out some information for you. VCRM is not the right tool for you to use to accomplish what you want to do. VCRM is limited to the type of software that it is able to maintain / update and it only works for specific smart components.

You can use the SIM RPM Package Manager. This simply issues commands via ssh using the SIM DTF which can be accomplished by using a fully-qualified path / URL to the RPM package name. NOTE: The RPM package needs to be available for all of the given nodes.

To get help on using the SIM RPM Package Manager, you can use the SIM on-line help. Go to Deploy -> RPM Package Manager -> Install Package and then click on the help (?) icon in the top-right corner of the page and another window will open with context-sensitive help.

Other possible solutions that run automatically would be to use RHN or to purchase Satellite Server or to setup your own YUM repository, if you want to manage the repository yourself.

You can use Google to get more detailed information on these options.

-Chris

Thank you Chris