1753504 Members
4556 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nagios not loading

Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

Yes. This error looks like it's related to the proxy server. ICE-Linux/SIM does not have proxy server support. Do you know how to disable the proxy server? It may be as simple as making sure you don't have any proxy variables set in /etc/wgetrc and in your environment(env command) but I will need to confirm this.

Once you get rid of the proxy server, you should be able to delete the /opt/hptc/nagios directory on the target node where the wget is failing (NOT on the CMS) and re-run /opt/hptc/mgmt/bin/install.sh on the target node.

Donna
riyan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Donna,

Yes.erpap101 is configured with proxy and erpbk101 is not.most probably this must be the issue.But our SAP consultants doesn't want to remove the proxy since the system just went live :( anyway in nagios web page it is showing all 3 servers.I will wait for some time and give it a try again.Thanks a lot for all the help and quick response.

Thanks,
Riyan.
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

As an FYI, even though the server is showing up in Nagios some of the Nagios services will remain in the PENDING state since the monitoring daemons for the target node with the proxy issue didn't get configured properly.

You basically need to figure out how to get the following wget command to succeed on erpap101 if you want to configure ICE-Linux monitoring for this target node.

# wget http://10.10.10.201:60000/management_data/vars.ini

One of the other ICE-Linux developers suggested you try to enhance the proxy to exclude systems on your 10 network.

Thanks,
Donna
riyan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Donna,

Yes i agree with you.I will try to find out a way to add the proxy exception to internal systems.But I just want to know

If the wget works on the erpap101 server will i be able to run the install.sh successfully?

or what if i copy that file manually to erpap101?

if i run the install.sh manually from server what will happen?

Thanks,
Riyan.
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

If you can run the wget manually on the target server, you should be able to re-run Configure ICE-Linux Management Services so the IC-Linux monitoring agents get set up correctly on this node.

The one caveat is that you should remove the "opt/hptc" directory on erpap101 before you re-run Configure ICE-Linux Management Services since this node is in a funky state.

Donna
riyan
Frequent Advisor

Will do this tomorrow and update you As i am already off for the day.Thanks again.

Riyan.
riyan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Donna,
wget is not working on erpap101.getting proxy authentication error.So without doing any changes to existing configuration on this server i configured another new server (erpap102) and ran Configure ICE-Linux Management Services and it is working fine.From this i can confirm this is because of proxy configuration. but i am unable to change it as the system is on production now.

following is the output from nagios status

cms:~ # /opt/hptc/nagios/libexec/gather_all_data --verbose
write 7986, 1, 4, eth0 to db => icelx1 (cms.cpstl.lk)
check_nrpe error: Connection refused by host => icelx3 (erpap101.cpstl.lk)
write 16054, 1, 4, bond0 to db => icelx4 (erpap102.cpstl.lk)
write 16054, 1, 4, bond0 to db => icelx2 (erpbk101.cpstl.lk)

For now my issue is sorted.Thank you very much for all the help.

Thanks,
Riyan.
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

Glad to hear the third node you added looks good. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Donna
riyan
Frequent Advisor

I am closing the thread as my issue is sorted now.Thanks again for all the help donna.