108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PSP installation ignoring public key?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

PSP installation ignoring public key?

The option to install the Proliant Service Pack isn't working on my ICE-Linux install, it complains that it doesn't have credentials to access the server. All other ICE-Linux/SIM tools work fine, as the server trusts SIM's public key. Is there a way to force ICE-Linux to use the normal public key login when installing the PSP?

---

Unable to create SSH connection: You must supply a valid username! [Unknown cause]
Unable to get SSH credentials: SSH credentials for the specified server were not set or are missing.
4 REPLIES 4
Mitchell Kulberg
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: PSP installation ignoring public key?

Sarah,

I'm afraid ICE-Linux doesn't use the SIM trust relationship for this. At least not yet. So you need to go into the system credentials page and set SSH login credentials for that server. How to do that depends on which version of SIM/ICe you are using.

We are looking at changing that in a future release, but that has not been comitted to yet.

Mitch
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

We're running the latest SIM/ICE. Will the PSP installation use the new Priviledge Elevation feature, or does it ignore that too and require we enter actual root credentials?
Mitchell Kulberg
Valued Contributor

Ahhh... now that is a good question. I believe all of our testing was done with the root credentials, BUT, there is a chance it will work with the privilege elevation tool. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure.

I'm sorry for the lack of information.

Give it a try and let me know what happens.

Mitch
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

Our security policy dictates that no root SSH logins are allowed other than via public key, so if we need an actual root login, this tool won't work for us. I'll try it out using Privilege Elevation when I get a chance, and will let you know. If that doesn't work, I'll just write a Custom Tool to do it.