New Discussion юеВ

Re: Wait for RAM Disk Response

SOLVED
Go to solution
John F. Garcia
Advisor

Wait for RAM Disk Response

Hello,

I am running ICE on RedHat ES 5.2. I've been able to successfully deploy images to new (bare metal) systems but am running into a new issue.

I have successfully booted the new system up with the RAM image where it says "press enter to activate this console". At this point, I wait until I see the system is fully discovered in HP SIM.

I then run the deploy an image, and it gets to the operation "Wait for RAM Disk Response" and sits there for about 20 minutes, then I get the error "Server did not respond in allotted time."

I've tried to remove the system and ilo address from SIM to get re-discovered, but it doesn't help. Here's the last messages from the console:

assign_interrupt_mode Found MSI capability
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 2
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 3
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 4
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 5
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 6
aer:probe of 0000:00:02.0:pcie01 failed with error 7
input: power Button (FF) as /class/input/input0
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: SSDT CFE5F800, 00D7 (r1 HP CPU0ST 1 INTL 20061109)
ACPI: CPU0 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2])
ACPI: SSDT CFE5F800, 00D7 (r1 HP CPU1ST 1 INTL 20061109)

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Rigoberto Corujo
Frequent Advisor

Hi John,

Can you please tell me the model of the system you're trying to deploy to? Can you also tell me if you have added any cards or attached any devices to this system?

Thank you.

Rigoberto
John F. Garcia
Advisor

Hello,

The system I'm trying to deploy to a is a ProLiant BL 480c G1. This is a double height blade server in a c7000 enclosure. It has a Broadcom BCM5708S NIC and a Broadcom BCM5715S NIC. It also has a QLogic Fibre Channel HBA.

I actually tested deploying to a different blade in another enclosure with success. This system was a single height blade with just a Broadcom BCM5706S card.

Thanks again...John
Rigoberto Corujo
Frequent Advisor

Hi John,

Are you using ICE-Linux V2.00 or V2.10?

Thank you.

Rigoberto
John F. Garcia
Advisor

I'm actually using 2.00.01 and didn't realize that 2.10 is out. I will look into upgrading.
Rigoberto Corujo
Frequent Advisor
Solution

John,

The issue you reported looks very similar to something that was fixed in V2.10. If you could upgrade and try your deployment again, that would be great.

Please post an update once you've had the opportunity to try again.

Thank you.

Rigoberto
John F. Garcia
Advisor

I have upgrade ICE to 2.10 and have been able to successfully deploy the image to the blade that I was having issues with. This blade has newer NICs than other servers and possibly other hardware changes. So maybe 2.10 has more support for this. Anyways, thanks for the help!

John