Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Insight Control for Linux
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in fstab after deploy.

SOLVED
Go to solution
klemerS
Frequent Advisor

change in fstab after deploy.

Hello.

I installed ICLE & install linux RHEL4.0 with
no problem.
then I capture an image of this system & deploy it to new Blade. The new linux boots
O.K. but i could not login from remote.
I notice that the fstab miss the "devpts" line. i copy the fstab.orig i found there to fstab, reboot & everything is working fine now.

Why? how i can solve this issue??

Regards

Shalom Klemer
unix support
4 REPLIES
Monnetb
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: change in fstab after deploy.

Hi Klemer,

I had the same issue with RHEL 4U4 x86_64. I created the associated script. You can put it in /var/rct/export/public/scripts/linux on the ICLE appliance. Change the rights to rct with chown rct.rct fix_fstab.sh. You can then use the task chain 'run linux script' to patch the fstab file fomr ICLE. At the next reboot of the server, sshd will be able to create a pty.

Bruno
klemerS
Frequent Advisor

Hello.

Thanks!!!!

I installed the same release.
I will do what you suggested.

Thanks
Robert Crockett
Valued Contributor

We are aware of this issue and have it resolved in our next upgrade release which is due out in early June.
I will make sure you are notified when the release is available.
klemerS
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Robert.

Shalom.