5389 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ice deploy problem

klemerS
Frequent Advisor

ice deploy problem

Hello.

I got a call from customer today about ICE.

Till 2 days ago everything goes well but today

he is trying install brand new blade & the problem is that the blade evrey time boot the
linux dabian & do not start the kickstart.

The first discover does well & the blade got license.

I will be there tommorow trying fix the problem.

Any hints where to start looking ???

Thanks in advance

Shalom klemer
5 REPLIES 5
Alex Samad
Frequent Advisor

Re: ice deploy problem

I didn't think debian uses kickstart ?
klemerS
Frequent Advisor

Hi.

The default linux when you discover system is dabian. its seems to me that the pxe file the system boot is the default & not the one the customer need.

Shalom.
Mitchell Kulberg
Valued Contributor

Hi,

As someone mentioned, the ICE-Linux discovery kernel is a Debian kernel, so my guess is that your system is booting to that kernel as opposed to the installation kernel.

Check the task results of the kickstart operation to see if all the steps are succeeding. One of the early steps of an installation is to "Configure system to boot from network" where the CMS writes a PXE configuration file in /opt/repository/boot/pxelinux.cfg with a name that corresponds to the MAc address of that system. This is the file that controls what kernel the node will boot.

If your node is NOT starting the install, it might be likely that something is going wrong in these early stages.

Are there any error messages?
klemerS
Frequent Advisor

Hello.

I was on customer site today.

its seems that all the bl460c are deploy with no problem, only the bl680c failed to deploy. on logs file i found out that the pxe try using all bl680c mac address but ( its writing the MACs of the bl685c which is in a near bay. very strange. i will look deper next week. I tried delete & discover again ,same results. the dhcp.conf is o.k.

I will update my check results...

Shalom.
Mitchell Kulberg
Valued Contributor

Well, that certainly is VERY odd.

Perhaps somehow, SIM has these two nodes confused. Unfortunately, it's possible that the only way to clear it up will be to delete BOTH the BL680 and the BL685 and their associated iLOS, and re-bare metal discover them. that might be enough to clear all the internal data and get everything right.

Let me know what you find out.