7490 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: importing images

John F. Garcia
Advisor

importing images

Hello,

I'm running ICE 6.3 and this was a complete re-install from an older version. I did save the images however. Is there a way I can import these older images into my new install of ICE?

Thanks! John
4 REPLIES 4
Rigoberto Corujo
Frequent Advisor

Hi John,

In addition to the ".tar.gz" file containing the image, did you save the ".xml" file from the "/opt/repository/.icle" directory? The ".xml" file contains information about the captured image that's needed for deploying the image.

Rigoberto
John F. Garcia
Advisor

Rigoberto, I saved all of /opt/repository...so I do have the .xml file. What do I do at this point?
Rigoberto Corujo
Frequent Advisor

Note: This procedure involves making changes to files under the "/opt/repository/.icle" directory, which is not recommended.

References to the image appear in the filesystem as the image name combined with a unique lengthy suffix, which will be referred to as in these instructions. For example, if your image name is "rhel61-myserver-x64", the image will appear in the filesystem as "rhel61-myserver-x64-17a445ba16-3-c-201105191409".

Instructions:

1. Copy your image from the old repository to the new.

# cp -a /image/ /opt/repository/image

2. Copy the XML file containing your image information from the old repository to the new.

# cp /.icle/.xml /opt/repository/.icle/

3. Edit "/opt/repository/.icle/.xml" and locate the "RepositoryId" field. Its value should be a long hex string that looks something like "fdcd5be6-9eca-4d95-86fc-e1c28c916240".

4. Verify that this repository ID is not used in any other file in that directory

# grep *

Ex: grep fdcd5be6-9eca-4d95-86fc-e1c28c916240 *

If some other file is already using this UID, then you will need to make up a new one and modify the RepositoryId field in the XML reference file with the new UID.
John F. Garcia
Advisor

Rigoberto,

I've also noticed that there are no options in the GUI that I could find to delete unwanted images. I guess to do this, you could just delete the files that you have specified in the image transfer procedure?

Thanks, John