Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Insight Control for Linux
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trapemail doesn't seem to be working with postfix mail.

jtatsparq
Occasional Contributor

trapemail doesn't seem to be working with postfix mail.

Hi,
 I am trying to setup email alerting for HP Management Agent traps from a RHEL 6.2 server. I have configured and tested working postfix mail on the server and have also setup the /opt/hp/hp-snmp-agents/cma.conf with the trapemail entry of

"trapemail /bin/mail -s 'HP Insight Alert on TST02KVM01' myemail@myemail.com.au".

I have generated traps which I can see through the snmptrapd log and have tested the postfix configuration with a command line email, but the emails don't seem to send correctly on trap generation

Have I missed something?

Regards,
Justin.