New Discussion юеВ

Re: Webes - wccproxy installation failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
inex
Super Advisor

Webes - wccproxy installation failed

Hi,

I have an appliance server (DL380 G5) with windows 2003 sp2 and have installed msjava, installed and configured ISEE through proxy server. When I try to install Webes 5.1 (from 3 jan 08)I manage to fill out all information during installation, but at the end it comes up with the following error
wccproxy installation failed to complete successfully. Do you want to retry installing wccproxy?

When I answer yes it goes through the same procedure and ends up with the same error message. I have used the same procedure and the same sw versions at other customers and tha thas worked.

Suggestions are appriciated.

Regards

-inex
9 REPLIES 9
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi inex,

Do you happen to have a software firewall running on the appliance server ?

I haven't used WEBES much on Windows, however when I did try to install it recently, I had lots of problems on a machine that had the McAfee Desktop firewall installed...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
inex
Super Advisor

I will have a look and see what the customer has installed. Thanks for your help.

-inex
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi inex,

Try to install first WCCproxy, then install WEBES. WEBES recognizes an already running WCCproxy.

Regards,
Werner
inex
Super Advisor

Thanks for your help

-inex
inex
Super Advisor

As far as I see the wccproxy is part of the webes package. Can I download wccproxy seperatly?

-inex
PabloC
Advisor

You can download the ELMC (which is basycally WCCProxy)
If you start downloading WEBES from the HP site at some point it will give you the option to download WEBES or ELMC.

As for you're original question/problem, go ahead and try it while logged in as CONSOLE, if you're using Remote Desktop you need to right click on the icon, go to properties and add this to the target: " /console" (notice the space before /)
inex
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot.

-inex

Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

Just in case you didn't get this working, you might want to check your antivirus settings.

I've just gone through my logs, and discovered that AVG AV software picked up parts of WEBES and WCCProxy as being "Potentially harmful" due to the presence of the program "PsKill"

Cheers,

Rob
inex
Super Advisor

Hi,

did not have chance to try it again - because customer went on holiday. Will try in 3 weeks time. Thanks for your input.

-inex