Insight Remote Support
1752801 Members
5381 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

A part of the ESXi hosts are discovered based on vmotion interface in stead of management network

Vincent Jansen
Occasional Contributor

A part of the ESXi hosts are discovered based on vmotion interface in stead of management network

We are implementing HP IRS. We want all our VMware ESXi hosts in the IRS inventoy. We do the discovery based on the VMware vCenter server.

Some ESXi hosts are discovered correct and other ESXi host displays only their vMotion network interface in the inventory. All DNS host records and ptr records are correct.  All the ESXi hosts configurations are the same. 

The XML file that's created after the discovery contains all ESXi hosts correct.

When we remove all discoverd ESXi hosts from the previous discovery and start a new discovery we do not see the same results. E.g. After the previous discovery we see only a vMotion address of the ESXi host. After a new discovery the same ESXi host is correct discovered.

What to do?

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: A part of the ESXi hosts are discovered based on vmotion interface in stead of management networ

A fix for this problem is coming in the next release of I-RS that is tentativley planned for later this fall.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Vincent Jansen
Occasional Contributor

Re: A part of the ESXi hosts are discovered based on vmotion interface in stead of management networ

Thanks for the update. When will this update released?

toddg1
HPE Pro

The date is not selected yet - but I would expect sometime in October unless something happens that will delay it.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo