108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

After upgrade to 11iv3, WEBES no longer subscribes to WBEM events

SOLVED
Go to solution
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

After upgrade to 11iv3, WEBES no longer subscribes to WBEM events

I've started upgrading test systems from 11iv2 to 11iv3 March 2009. *ALL* prerequisites are met. It was hard enough to enable RSP on these 11iv2 systems, and I expected 11iv3 to go smoothly.

Once the upgrade is done, I go in SIM 5.3 to re-identify the system, and re-subscribe to WBEM events. It's still entitled in the RemoteSupport client. Everything seems well until I notice with "evweb subcribe -b external -L" that there is no longer a WEBES subscription, and test events are only trapped by evweb/SIM but not WEBES.

I tried restarting the director, deleting the entity to have it appear again, etc. Nothing works. It just doesn't subscribe! And there is no documented command available to try to force a subscription. I'm a sitting duck here. Man, I'm loosing my patience with this stuff.

Any ideas? Anyone?
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: After upgrade to 11iv3, WEBES no longer subscribes to WBEM events

Oliver,

I am not sure from your posting if you re-started the DESTA service on the CMS. If not do that first and check your WEBES alert indication subscription.

If that does not work, restart the cim server on the HP-UX server, as follows

#cimserver -s <<<< to stop
#cimserver <<<< to start

Then check the subscription once more.

In most cases you should see the WEBES subscription now.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Restarting DESTA and waiting a while eventually creates a subscription after a while. But that's not ideal. Why should I have to potentially bug the CMS administrator to have it restarted each time I upgrade a server?
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor