108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Automation and Reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
shocko
Honored Contributor

Automation and Reports

Is there any automation or reports in IRS? For example, how to create a report on all servers that have not got  valid contract/warranty details against them?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
5 REPLIES 5
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Automation and Reports

shocko,

There really isn't a report generator, per se.  However - there is a command line utilitiy that MIGHT be able to help you.

If you get to a cmd window on the host device.

Run the command:

rsadmin listDevices -csv > out.csv

When you look into this csv file, using something like Excel,  - you can look for the row "isEntitled"

(I tried to paste a copy of the sample data in here, but the tool stripped it out as invalid. HTML)

Using the data in this report - you can learn about which devices are not entitled, for example.

This data will also allow you to see if serial numbers or product numbers are missing from your devices (key to entitlement).

I hope this helps.

Todd

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip ;) I do wonder thopugh how this tool is of real use in a large enviroment? For example, in the older IRS Advanced product I coudl run tasks in SIM to assign contact/location details in SIM based on the servers IP address then IRSADV would sync with SIM and gather this info. this seems ot be gone in this prodtc so I have to manually manage all this stuff. 2000 server not so easy to manage. 

lowen
Advisor
Solution

You can also get reports on contracts and warranties and whether they have expired in Insight Online.   You enable Insight Online by entering your HP Passport within Insight RS.   Then go to http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc  and click on My IT Environment.  You will see all your devices in a dashboard.   Then choose Reports.

More info about Insight Online:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/servers/solutions.html?compURI=1487547#tab=TAB1

I am an HP employee
toddg1
HPE Pro

shocko,

The HP Insight Online suggestion is an excellent choice.

I did want to clarify that with the rsadmin command I provided earlier, all of your devices will

be in the output - from your response about it being tedious to manage 2000 devices - I wanted to make

sure that you understood this would be one large output - containing all of your devices.

You can run that same command with different options on the command line to provide only a device at a time, but

the default is to provide all.

You can then, of course, use any capability in Excel when viewing this file to sort, or view in a specific order.

The specific help for this command is as follows:

C:\Users\Administrator> rsadmin listDevices -help
usage: rsadmin listDevices [-csv] [-dt <device type>] [-e] [-file <filename>]
[-host <host name>] [-ip <IP address>] [-st <sub-type>] [-u] [-help]
list OOSs in the database. Use no arguments to list all devices in the database.
-csv CSV formatted output
-dt <device type> list devices of the specified device type
-e list entitled devices
-file <filename> output to file
-host <host name> list devices with the specified host name or FQDN (can be
       a partial name but don't use wildcards)
-ip <IP address> list devices with the specified IP address
-st <sub-type> list devices of the specified RDM sub-type
-u list un-entitled devices
-help Display this help message

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

Ah, I had completely forgotten about ITRC. Seems like the cloud is the place to go to these days for this information. Thanks for the command line tool and this info ;)