New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bad magic error on mad.log

uts
Advisor

Hi Stefan,

I put the following:

/opt/hpservices/jre/bin/java CheckCon NA proxyserver proxyport proxyid proxypwd

The file you sent me is in /tmp called CheckCon.class. I renamed this as it was something like 12838.class.

Thanks,
Debbie
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Debbie,
please check the "Proxy Auth" the scripts give you before it tries to connect to the server. This should be the same as in the motprefs.
Are you using a cases-sensitive proxy? The CheckCon.class script does not support upper cases.
Another way to check what string is send to proxy during the ISEE transfer is using nettl. Try the following:
1) Check if nettl is running on the system. You should get a status output. If not, you can start it with "nettl -start":
#> /usr/sbin/nettl -status

2) There should be a minimum space of 10MB under /tmp for the trace file that is created during the monitoring phase. Of course you may even use another directory for that. Start the trace:
#> /usr/sbin/nettl -tn pduin pduout -tm 10000 -e ns_ls_ip -f /tmp/trace

3) Start any kind of transfer like /opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeHello.sh

4) Stop the trace after a transfer: #> /usr/sbin/nettl -tf -e all

5) Create a filter with the Proxy IP address before formating the trace file to get only the connections to or from the Proxy Server (see opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs for the Proxy IP address):
#> vi /tmp/filter:
filter ip_daddr
filter ip_saddr

6) Check under /tmp how the trace file is named (e.g. trace.TRC000) and format it to make it readable:
#> /usr/sbin/netfmt -c filter -N -l -f /tmp/trace.TRC000 >/tmp/trace.txt

Another way to have a look at the trace is to use ethereal (you can downlad this tool from the following website: http://www.ethereal.com/download.html).

You will see the response from you proxy in the traceoutput!

Regards
Frauke
uts
Advisor

Hi Frauke,

The auth string from the script does match what is in the motprefs file. The proxy is not upper case so that should not be a problem either.

I have run the trace you requested which produced the attached file. I can't really understand it but you may be able to tell me if it is working or not!

Thanks,
Debbie
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Debbie,
it looks like your systems sends the autorisation strings ut the proxy does not accept this. We need to compare the informationin the motprefs with the infos in the unfiltered trace to check wether the informations send by the system are the same like the data in the motprefs. It might be necessary to open a call for this problem.
Regards
Frauke
uts
Advisor

OK Frauke - for now I will leave it and at least get my 11.0 servers working. Thanks for your help so far.