New Discussion юеВ

CAAgents error

SOLVED
Go to solution
VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

CAAgents error

Hello,
When I boot my system with WEBES 6.0, a popup appears: "CAAgents.exe caused an error..."
In the event viewer there is the next message:
Aplication with errors CAAgents.exe, version: 6.0.0.0, module: msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.4053, address error 0x00047780.
How can I solve this problem? I dont know if this error is affecting my system
9 REPLIES 9
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAAgents error

If this is a windows system you can run the
wccproxy test command. It will create a test event which should be sent to HP and closed by HP after some time.
I would plan an upgrade to WEBES 6.1 if you do not have other dependencies.
VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply.
This is a Windows Server 2003 R2 32 bits (Spanish).

When I run the wccproxy test it sends a mail message with subject "HP SEA: SEATEST event callout, System Event Analyzer Detected Fault" but in the mail body there is no error (I attach the body).

Otherwise, if I try to update WEBES to the 6.1 version with the Remote Support Software Manager I receive the error "Web Based Enterprise Services (WEBES) v6.1' installation failed due to the following error:
An exception was thrown when installing the service CM_GL_WEBES_WIN. See the log CM_GL_WEBES_WIN_install.log for details."

And if I go to the error log I find the error "SNMP Trap Service is NOT installed on this server. SNMP Trap Service is a pre-requisite for WEBES installation. Please install SNMP Trap Service and re-attempt WEBES installation. Aborting WEBES Installation." , but SNMP Trap Service is installed and working... Any ideas?
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

The email looks good for me. But I should ask your local HP support for the language support.

The CA agent is used to analyze the entries in your Windows Eventlog. If the message are in Spanish, CA agent should also understand Spanish. I am not sure if this is really supported (See release notes).

If you use also the Remote Support Client (IRSS or IRSA) you should open a call at HP to be sure that your HW is really monitored.
There are also test enevts for the different HW devices to be sure that WEBES and RSclient is able to handle your event source. Insight Remote Support (IRSA/IRSS) request are free if your HW has warranty or a service contract.

VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your fast response,
My systems are monitored by HP because the test events works correctly and they have called in case of problem.
Anyway I will open a call with HP and If I find the problem I will post here the solution.
Thanks!
Frantisek Papousek
Regular Visitor
Solution

I have the same problem with WEBES 6.1
"SNMP Trap Service is NOT installed on this server. SNMP Trap Service is a pre-requisite for WEBES installation. Please install SNMP Trap Service and re-attempt WEBES installation. Aborting WEBES Installation." , but SNMP Trap Service is installed and working...
I have solution now (for me).
The custommer's system is W2008 64bit CZECH !
And in file CRSS_A.05.50.201\Installers\CM_GL_WEBES_WIN_050\bits\swm_scripts\swm_create is this test :
sc query SNMPTRAP > SNMPTRAP.txt

findstr /B /C:"SERVICE_NAME: SNMPTRAP" SNMPTRAP.txt

BUT in czech is in SNMPTRAP.txt
N├Г┬бzev_slu├Е┬╛by: SNMPTRAP

So i REmed this test and everything is OK.

SHAME HP !
VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Ok! It worked for me, too.
But I had another problem. I was trying to update with the remote suport software, and then the file swm_create was downloaded in real-time, so I couldn't modify it for change the string.
Then I created the SNMPTrap.txt file and marked it as read only. It worked :)
However, the update had a problem. It deleted all the systems that I had in the "Systems" tab of the Insigth RSS Admin Console.
Can I update without delete the config?
Maxitaly_1
Advisor

Hello

Same problem and message installing WEBES
"SNMP Trap Service is NOT installed on this server. SNMP Trap Service is a pre-requisite for WEBES installation. Please install SNMP Trap Service and re-attempt WEBES installation.
Aborting WEBES Installation."

The OS s Windows 2003 Italian.

Where should I create the file SNMPTrap.txt ?

Thanks and regards
Max
VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

I placed the file in

C:\Program Files\HP\Installers\WEBES

I hope this works for you.

Regards
Maxitaly_1
Advisor