108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CL_ERROR_NETWORK error in ISEE

SOLVED
Go to solution
uts
Advisor

CL_ERROR_NETWORK error in ISEE

I keep getting this error whenever I enter the entitlement information for new clients. The only message I have received so far is the ISEE_Connectivity one so can I assume that all my proxy settings are correct? What else can I look at? (Full error attached).

Thanks,
Debbie
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Re: CL_ERROR_NETWORK error in ISEE

Hi Debbie,

this looks indeed like you have a network problem connecting to the server. You can check the connectivity with the script:
/opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeConnectivityTest.sh
If you call it, the output should be something like:

Directly submitting service request... Created new incident for vendor HP_Services 902129467.4@hostname

I assume that you get the same error as in the attachment doing this connectivity test. Check if your proxy settings are correct. Is it possible to nslookup the proxy and reverse nslookup the proxy (nslookup PROXY-IP Address gives exact what you have entered as proxy name ?) Is your local ISEE server DNS name known by nslookup ? You can check the logfile /opt/hpservices/log/mad.log for errors.
In most cases a bad proxy entry or a general network problem on the host is responsible for such errors.
If you can verify that your ISEE server is reachable via the internet from this host, then you should open a call in your local HP response center to get some help on this issue.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Stefan
uts
Advisor

Stefan,

Thanks for your help. Here is what I found:

I have received the initial ISEE_Connectivity message without an error so that looks fine. However, the iseeCOnnectivityTest.sh did fail with the same error as above.

isee.americas.hp.com is in /etc/hosts and I can do an nslookup of it.

I had my proxy server set up using the IP address. If I use this or the fully qualified name then the same thing happens.

The mad.log reports "bad http response [407]" whenever a download is attempted.

Am I missing something??!! The same thing happens to me on all my setups so I am thinking it must be me doing something wrong!

Thanks,
Debbie
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor
Solution

A lookup on

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

helps to decode HTTP response code 407:

407 Proxy Authentication Required

=> You have a proxy server that needs authentication by user and password. Either the login information you entered is wrong or the proxy is unsupported by ISEE. What kind of proxy do you have ?
uts
Advisor

Well, this is really frustrating! I went back in and re-entered my proxy info (as I have done many times before) and it worked!! I am sure I cannot be a fat-fingered user all the time so I am testing on another server just to be sure. For the time being, thanks for your help.

Debbie