Insight Remote Support
1753774 Members
7036 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CMS Server Minimum Requirement (HW Entitlement)

Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

CMS Server Minimum Requirement (HW Entitlement)

My question is: Is it required that CMS server MUST have an active HW entitlement (Maintenance or Warranty or SLA). Does HP Backend validates based from the serial number and SAID inputted during the enrollment and registration? Please take note that I dont have a plan to enroll my CMS server in HP SIM / IRS (if its possible).

Hope that someone can enlighten me on this.

thank you,

Joseph A.
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: CMS Server Minimum Requirement (HW Entitlement)

The CMS server does not need and active entitlement. I believe HP validates from the serial number and the product number from SIMS discovery.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joseph

It depends what goals you have with the HW monitoring. If you have normal business hours service contracts there is no need but
if you have SP24 contracts or mission critical I would prefer to discuss the issue with the HP service organization.

BPE
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Whether you register the CMS with the backend, HPSIM can be installed and WILL function correctly. HPSIM is not dependent on a Hardware entitlement. As long as you meet hardware/software requirements it will function just fine. That being said, you are missing a lot of great functionality by not taking advantage of the IRSA tool. In fact if you have no intention of registering with the backend, it really serves no purpose to erven install the IRSA plug in.

Good Luck!