1752567 Members
5075 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CPU and mem utilization on GS160/GS320

Jonathan Selisana
Occasional Advisor

CPU and mem utilization on GS160/GS320

I seek information regarding CPU utilization & Memory utilization for Alpha servers(GS160/GS320).
ISO - HP Customer Support
4 REPLIES 4
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Re: CPU and mem utilization on GS160/GS320

I think you are in wrong forum, this one is for ISEE product.
Jonathan Selisana
Occasional Advisor

Let me re-phrase my question, what is the CPU and Memory utilization of ISEE in Alpha Server(GS160/GS320)?
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi Johnathan,

There is no official document, however, I would say the usage is minimal, here are some I can gather, these are from a generic HP-UX System:

The map process 'at rest':
SIZE: 19064k
RES: 5824k
%CPU: 0.10
The mad and java processes when the comprehensive system map is run:
Mad stays about the same, with a CPU increase to about 0.17%.
Java:
SIZE: 224M
RES: 29964k
%CPU: starts at 75.00%, quickly drops to 10.00%, then steadily declines to 0.40%.
The Java process ends, release the memory and CPU usage when the map completes execution.

Communication transmission sizes:
-Polling: Client polls every 10 minutes, with a size of about 2083 bytes, for a total of 300,000 bytes a day.

-Incidents: A normal hardware incident is about 9k. Other incidents resulting from partner applications (for example Availability Monitor events) are about 45k.

-Maps: We cannot provide a specific size for each individual map, because there is not enough data (individual reactive maps are seldom run), however the average size for SysCollection (which is run often) is 259k. As the SysCollect is the 'mega map' running most of the other maps, this may be considered an average upper bound for the individual maps.

Hope this helps.
Jonathan Selisana
Occasional Advisor

I just hope somebody who supports GS160/GS320 can supply data on CPU/MEM Utilization for ISEE. Thanks!