5753 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

CSV delimiter rsadmin -unload

shatra_sa
Regular Visitor

CSV delimiter rsadmin -unload

Hi 

I am looking for a solution to change csv delimiter when exporting all systems from IRS to csv.

rsadmin -unload -file export.csv

Default delimiter is ,

Unfortunately the < , > is used in other fields like site address and so on, because of this when the csv is imported additional collumns are added. 

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: CSV delimiter rsadmin -unload

Can you please let me know specifically which version of Insight Remote Support you are running?

The embedded "," are supposed to be protected in the unload, this may be a defect - but in previous releases, you used to have to add an extra command line option to do the protect.  In the most recent releases, the protection is supposed to automatically be applied.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

Hi Todd

Sorry for the late reply I had some authorizations issue accessing the forum. I am using Insight Remote Support 7.7.0.0042

toddg1
HPE Pro

I do not expect a problem with this version of the product and commas.   We are working in the area of the code

that is responsible for this.  Would you be willing to share your "unload" file with us so we can see how it may be different from what we are testing?  It seems we must be missing some case.

This is the R&D team for teh Insight Remote Support product - please reply if you are willing, and I will find a way for you to put a file some place, but before I set that up - let me know if willing to do this.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

sent you PM