Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't initialize RSP with w2k8_R2_x64

Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Can't initialize RSP with w2k8_R2_x64

Hello,

I installed the SIM 5.3+sp1 and RSP in DL380G4 with W2K8_R2_64 bit at customer site. They access internet via Proxy server and port 8080.
After SIM and RSP installation accomplished , I executed RSP initialize RSSM process ,but it always failed and showed “Failed to connect to HP Support Center. Please click back and verify your proxy setting. “

To find out the root cause, I performed the below test :
1. Installed the same version of SIM , RSP and W2K8_R2_64 bit at HP office and connected to HP proxy server , unfortunately it showed the same error like above.
2. Installed the same version of SIM and RSP but W2K3_R2_32 bit at HP office and connected to HP proxy server , fortunately it worked .
3. Installed the same version of SIM , RSP and W2K8_R2_64 bit at my home and connected internet via ADSL without proxy , fortunately it worked .
4. the same version of SIM and RSP but W2K3_R2_32 bit at customer site and connect to customer’s proxy, fortunately it worked .

So, I guess W2K8_R2_64 + proxy server is a issue , but I don’t know how to fix it. Who can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Terence
2 REPLIES
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't initialize RSP with w2k8_R2_x64

Hello Terence,
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 is significiantly different to Microsoft Windows Server 2008. Therefore, currently there is no support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 on a ProLiant platform for either the Central Management Server/Hosting Device or as a monitored device.
It will probably be supported with the next release of Insight Remote Support.
Regards
Frauke
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't initialize RSP with w2k8_R2_x64

Hello Frauke,

Thanks for your reply.
As your mention that w2k8r2 is no support either the Central Management Server/Hosting Device , but I really install SIM on BL35P with w2k8r2 and it's working now. I want to make sure RSP is not support on W2K8_R2 , so do you have any support matrix in hand and can email me ( tsao@hp.com ). I need to convince customer that reinstall SIM and RSP on w2k3_32bit.
Thanks alot.
Terence Tsao