Insight Remote Support
1753625 Members
5604 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can you tell installed version of AMS from a screen in Remote Support 7.2?

Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Can you tell installed version of AMS from a screen in Remote Support 7.2?

My customer would like to be able to tell whether AMS is installed on their servers and if so, what verison is on their servers without logging into each and every server. Is there a screen in the remote support 7.2 to be able to see the installed versions of agentless monitoring services? Any advice will be helpful

2 REPLIES 2
toddg1
HPE Pro

There is not a screen that indicates what version of AMS is installed on the server in I-RS.

One way to tell that AMS "is" installed, is to note the attributes of the server in the I-RS solution.  I am assuming

that you are connecting with the iLO 4 device and not the Operating System Agents from the Support Pack for ProLiant.

If your devices are showing a serial number as a name, and cannot report anything about the operating system

that is running on the device - for your Gen8 or Gen9 servers - then you are NOT running the AMS, I realize you're

asking to see the VERSION of the AMS that is running, but this is all that is offered at this time.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
toddg1
HPE Pro

Another thought - if you are willing to DIG a little, there is a place in the I-RS user interface where

you could see the AMS version.

(Again, this only works if you are connecting directly to the iLO 4 in your Gen8/Gen9 servers)

You would need to select each server from the "Devices" screen (select the name) , and then find the "Collections"

tab.  Find the "Server Basic Collection" and press the "+" sign to open this collection.

Drill to a specific collection and pick it. You will see a screen popup   You can see a screen open that show

information similar to this:

Device details, Lifecyle, etc.  But at the bottom of the page, should be a list of attachements.  If you select

this to download the file, then select it again to open the file, inside of the file, you would see an attacment called

something like inline*.xml

Open that file, and search for a section that looks similar to the following:

<p:CIM_SoftwareIdentity xmlns:p="http://schemas.hp.com/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_SoftwareIdentity">
<p:Caption>Agentless Management Service</p:Caption>
<p:ClassificationDescriptions>Hewlett-Packard Software</p:ClassificationDescriptions>
<p:Classifications>32768</p:Classifications>
<p:IdentityInfoType>HPQ:SoftwarePath</p:IdentityInfoType>
<p:IdentityInfoType>CIM:SoftwareFamily</p:IdentityInfoType>
<p:IdentityInfoValue>HPQ:C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AMS\service</p:IdentityInfoValue>
<p:IdentityInfoValue>CIM:hpqams.exe</p:IdentityInfoValue>
<p:InstallDate><common:Date xmlns:common="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/common">2012-03-27</common:Date></p:InstallDate>
<p:InstanceID>HPQ:HP_SoftwareIdentity:101</p:InstanceID>
<p:IsEntity>false</p:IsEntity>
<p:MajorVersion>9</p:MajorVersion>
<p:Manufacturer xsi:nil="true"/>
<p:MinorVersion>10</p:MinorVersion>
<p:Name>hpqams.exe</p:Name>
<p:RevisionNumber xsi:nil="true"/>
<p:VersionString>9.10.0.0</p:VersionString>
</p:CIM_SoftwareIdentity>

This is likely more effort than you wish for, but could be easier than having

to login to each server individually, and then navigate to the installed programs area of the control panel.

I hope this helps.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo