1748194 Members
3430 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine

InsightBlues
Occasional Advisor

Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine

I am trying to install RSDDU and I have all the components but this one installed, I am using the RSSM to install and I get this error: ' Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) A.05.40.00.1032' installation failed due to the following error:
An exception was thrown when installing the service CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN. See the log CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN_install.log for details.

Log is attached
16 REPLIES 16
ehuang
Super Advisor

Re: Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine

I have exactly the same issue. anybody help?
raj2796
Advisor

I have a case logged with hp, which they have escalated to level2 engineers. At the end of the day its just an msi install, seems like the ice validation was not carried out correctly considering this is software for enterprise.

If i get a reply from hp (case logged over a week ago) i'll post it.
InsightBlues
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the responses, I did look for a MSi file to get around the install, but could not find one for RSDDU
raj2796
Advisor

* Executing fresh RSDE/RSDDU install: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /l+*v "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\CM\RSSWM_Pkg_Logs\CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN\HP_RSDDU_MSI_install.log" /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Installers\RSDE\HP Remote Support Discovery Engine.msi" /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\RSDE"

key bit being

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Installers\RSDE\HP Remote Support Discovery Engine.msi"

check in your msi install log if you're not using 64 bit windows
InsightBlues
Occasional Advisor

Did you hear anything from HP? I was thinking of calling in a ticket myself
raj2796
Advisor

Thanks for the reminder, I've heard nothing back from them, i'll try and chase them up today if i get a break in my schedule. Their last communication is below:

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Depending on the complexity of the issue. I have elevated the case to the Level2 engineers.

I├в ll keep you posted once I have an update from them. I├в m still awaiting their response and next plan of action.

"

raj2796
Advisor

Hiya, i've contacted hp and they informed me the problem is being investigated by thier lab as a number of custumers are experiencing the same issue. I'd suggest logging a call, hopefully the logs they'll ask you for will help them investigate and find a solution faster.
raj2796
Advisor

hp have now contacted me with a solution for my case.
ehuang
Super Advisor

please share the solution if it worked. thanks in advance.