5492 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Confirmation mail from HP Support

Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Confirmation mail from HP Support

Hi Experts,

I have ISEE A.03.50.861 (pre-installed) with HPUX 11.23 (IA). The configurations seems to have went alright. But, i did not get the "confirmation" mail from HP support. (which, i think is a must)
What could be the reason(s) & possible solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
7 REPLIES 7
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Re: Confirmation mail from HP Support

Hi,
After submitting the Contact Info, do you see the next screen where you have to enter Entitlement info (Product number, Entitlement ID...)?

If you don't get this screen, it's most likely your Firewall is blocking on port 80.

If you do see this screen, fill out the Entitlement and Submit again, you should get an email notifying of the status.

Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I do get to that screen & filled in all the details.
I get the next screen which says:
"entitlement verification

HP Instant Support Enterprise Edition has generated an Entitlement_Check incident to verify that the new entitlement properties identify support information for this system. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address listed in the Contact Options page.

If this message has been presented to you in its own window, close the window and then re-open the ISEE User Interface.

Otherwise, you can choose a configuration option from the menu on the left or close this window."

But, i never got any mail ... ???

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.

hai
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

There are few things you can check:

1. Make sure the Entitlement incident has Closed status, this indicates HP has received your submission.

2. Make sure your Email address is correct, not mis-spelling.

3. Could this be a rule set on your Mail Server to trash spam mails? Remember this type of email is being sent FROM: isee@hp.com.

4. Please post the whole Email address line on your reply.

Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Everything is fine. I have given the contact details correctly & there is no mail filter.(i do get junk mails, which i delete)
I did not get the meaning of your last statement. Can you pl clarify.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You may want to download and install the current ISEE version A.03.95.026 for IA. This version has one important fix for Itanium with chip set 520225028 or 520225284 ( by running "getconf CPU_CHIP_TYPE" ).

Regards,

Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Hi,

My IA server chipset is, 520225028.
So, do you advise me to go for an upgrade of ISEE ??

Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Yes, please do so.
Go to http://software.hp.com, select Instant Support ENterprise Edition (ISEE), then select the package for IA-64 (Itanium).

Regards,