108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Delete Systems from SEA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Delete Systems from SEA

I have some servers that are not under warranty that I don't want SEA to monitor and send hardware events. I have deleted them from SEA, but they keep getting rediscoverd. Is there any way I can set this so that these servers are not monitored? thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Delete Systems from SEA

If you are running HP SIM with IRSA your WEBES / SEA is updated with all the system that are in the service eligible list (HW which is supported by HP). But you can disable transport under options -> remote support configuration -> entitlement .

If you have IRSS the discovery IP Range is a issue.

If you have only WEBES, something in the delete operation did not write back to the DB. I guess you will see the systems again after a restart of the desta_service.

Hope this helps

BPE

PS: I do not know what happens in US if you send a Call to HP without service contract or warranty? I Europe you get an email that you need to send a copy of the paper work which proof that you have a Service agreement or a commitment that you are willing to pay for the repair else the case is closed after a certain time. For us this default settings work very well with older equipment.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thank you very much for your response!

In the US, when there is no warranty/cintract, they send an e-mail stating so and they close the case
Rancher
Honored Contributor

See bpe's response.