New Discussion юеВ

Re: Do ISEE and the HP Management Agents co-exist

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Do ISEE and the HP Management Agents co-exist

Hello,

I am just reading about ISEE for the first time, and since we have service on all our Proliants I am interested in exploring it. We have already deployed the HP Management Agents and Proliant Support Packs to our servers and are using Systems Insight Manager.

Are the two services/products intended to complement each other? Are there any conflicts between the server monitoring performed by ISEE and that performed by the Management Agents?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you,
- Steve Kadish
3 REPLIES 3
Robert Bennett_3
Respected Contributor

We use both isee and openview without any problems between the two. We use them as a "belt and suspenders" type of situation.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible." - Norman Maclean
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Steve,

The chief purpose of ISEE is to provide reactive hardware incident notification to the HP Support Center. In a ProLiant enterprise ISEE uses Insight Management Agents (version 4.9 or better) and OSEM (version 1.3.1 or better) to forward actionable hardware events to the ISEE Client software, which then transmits them to the Support Center. The management server (AKA host for OSEM) may also have IM7 or HP System Insight Manager installed to provide an enterprise wide view of all ProLiant hardware events. So you see all these components work together splendidly -- in fact ISEE wouldn't be able to report hardware events without Insight Management Agents or OSEM.

I Hope that helps.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information! It's very much appreciated.

- Steve Kadish