1748288 Members
3259 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dynamic Groups

shocko
Honored Contributor

Dynamic Groups

Using IRS 7.4. I have many devices to monitor. I need to group devices for different departments. Best way to do this is based on Name/IP address or product. how can I maintain these groups? There doesn't seem to be anyway to populate the groups dynamically. Seems crazy when you have more than a handful of systems!

Also, say i wish to create a group on all systems that are not eligible so I can remediate. How to do that?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

Still no sign of this feature :(

toddg1
HPE Pro

Still trying to get this prioritized amongst all the other requests ... hopefully we can figure this out, but I cannot commit.

Thanks for staying interested!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I honestly cannot see why this cannot be implemeted. I find it very odd that you cannot do something as simple as group all devices that are not entitled on an entersie moinotring product! I currently have to use the very limited rsadmin commands to export the csv then analyze with powershell. IRS does its job very well when an actionable event is received but it has so many short comings in my opinion. 

shocko
Honored Contributor

Still no sign :(