cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA shows red x for monitoring in RS

Don_Greman
Occasional Advisor

EVA shows red x for monitoring in RS

On the services health tab under Insight Remote Support Service Status the EVA shows a red X.  If I move the cursor over the red x it says no protocol defined.  It is entitled and San Storage Collections work fine.  I am running 5.7 as the CMS is running Windows 2003.  How do I clear the red X and get it to show monitoring as green?

2 REPLIES
seamasters
HPE Pro

Re: EVA shows red x for monitoring in RS

Don,

The first thing to check is that the command view protocol has been associated with the ProLiant that is running command view.  You must do this from the WEBES user interface which can be reached at port 7906 on CMS server:

https://<cmshost>:7906/

Make sure that the ProLiant running the Command View server for the EVAs has a command view protocol associated with it.  HPSIM does not have a way to enter those credentials in its user interface.  The red X in the monitoring column sounds like it is related to the command view protocol not being set up correctly.  Without those credentials Monitoring of EVAs does not work correctly.

Instructions for configuring EVA devices is in chapter 16 of the "HP Insight Remote Support Advanced A.05.80 Managed Systems Configuration Guide" on the HP Insight RS Advanced Documentation page.

I am an HP employee.
seamasters
HPE Pro

Re: EVA shows red x for monitoring in RS

I just scanned the documentation, and it the steps to set up the command view protocol did not jump out at me.  So here is a list of the steps that you need to perform:

1. Log in to webes
  2. select the managed protocol page in the user interface (the computer icon with a cartoon talking bubble on it)
  3. Add a new command view protocol specifying the username and password.  Give it any name that makes sense to you
  4. Then go to the Managed Entities page (the notebook icon)
  5. Select the Managed Entity that corresponds to the Command View Server.
  6. In the details page select the command view protocol you set up in step 3 in the ELMC drop down.
  7. Save your changes.
I am an HP employee.