Insight Remote Support
1752719 Members
5751 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Easiest way to test out Insight Remote Support?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ehuang
Super Advisor

Easiest way to test out Insight Remote Support?

Just installed Insight Remote Support which replaced the discontinued ISEE. Wondering what is the easiest way to test it out so HP side can notify me (via email) what's happened? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Ehuang,

With the ISEE replacement - test events sent to HP do not trigger a reply Email - the status of these test events can be seen from the local application(s)

There is no test from the IRS Admin Console which is part of WEBes - the easiest way is to use SEA and click the Notification settings (yellow traingle with a question mark) - check that nothing is highlighted in orange (incomplete information)and that ISEE Notification is enabled then then click the Send Test Event button at the bottom.

once this has been done - click the Notification Status button (3rd from the left) and you should see the ISEE delivery notification status - if it fails you will see Undelivered ISEE in red.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

As mentioned already, the test events will be open and closed by HP and reported in SIM. In my case that is enough. If you really want to make a complete end-to-end test and have HP contact you, you need to pull out an field replaceable unit. I don't do this, but if you have redundant power supplies you can try unplugging one. The response center will normally enquire back (usually by e-mail) to ask you to check if it's physically plugged in.
ehuang
Super Advisor

question answered.