5063 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Email issues

Chovav58
Occasional Contributor

Email issues

Version 7.8.0.23

Can't send test mail to myself via the internal Exchange server. This worked in prior releases. Nothing about SMTP in the log file, but I have these entries:

IntegrationRunner[InternalReceiver] ERROR c.h.u.i.a.internal.InternalReceiver - Problem checking for new integration messages

Hosting device health is ok.

The device is registered with HPE

But times out on email submission...

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Email issues

Without any more logging than that, I guess it's going to be required for you to open a support case.

A few things to check:  Has the password to the exchange server changed and needs to be updated, or something simple like that?  (I assume you've probably checked all the simple things)

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Chovav58
Occasional Contributor

I ran wireshark and I can tell that no connection was even made to the mail server. So its not an authentication issue, its a functionality issue

which logs are relevant?

toddg1
HPE Pro

It will be the latest hprs-<date>*.log - but likely the support team would ask you to increase specific logging levels to add more debug information into the log before sending the logs to them.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Chovav58
Occasional Contributor

where is the smtp server name stored? i could not find it in the hpirs.xml, where the port and from mail are stored. maybe this is the problem

toddg1
HPE Pro

That value is not stored in the hprs.xml file - but instead in a database table.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Chovav58
Occasional Contributor

So how can I verify that value? I suspect it is not set up right or empty

Chovav58
Occasional Contributor

Spoiler

remove 7.8 and applied 7.6 - email works well