1753935 Members
9685 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error 1603 Installing Remote Support Client A.05.50 - FIX

SmooshedFace76
Advisor

Error 1603 Installing Remote Support Client A.05.50 - FIX

To prep for SIM 6.1b upgrade from 5.3 SP2, I downloaded the Remote Support Advanced pack from here:
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSADVANCED

I extracted the package and kicked off setup.exe.
The install made it to the 5th step to install the Remote Support Client A.05.50 and failed.

Viewing the log, I received a 1603 install shield error below.
Running command is: "C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM\SWM-SIM\SWM-SIMserviceController.exe" "'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe' /i 'C:\Program Files\HP\Installers\RSC\Windows\iseeclient.msi' REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLDIR='C:\Program Files\HP\Installers' /l*v 'C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM_Pkg_Logs\CM_GL_ISEEClientCMS_WIN\RSCMSIinstall.log' /qn"
ERRORLEVEL=1603
----- ISEE client install FAILED with ERRORLEVEL=1603 on Tue 09/21/2010 at 7:37:53.58 -----

FIX:
I checked the file system permissions on C:\Program Files\HP\CM and immediately received the following message.

"The permissions are out of order. Click OK to continue and reorder the permissions, or click cancel to correct the order of permissions."

I modified the advanced security options by removing all non-inherited permissions. I then verified the security was correct.

The installation went fine after this change. I have no idea how the perms got out of order but oh well, it's working now!
2 REPLIES 2
SmooshedFace76
Advisor

Re: Error 1603 Installing Remote Support Client A.05.50 - FIX

CORRECTION:
The error message I received when attempting to view permissions is below. The "out of order" message I mentioned in the previous post was wrong. Sorry..

"The permissions on CM are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective. Press OK to continue and sort the permissions correctly, or Cancel to reset the permissions."
Dzmitryj Jakavuk
Super Advisor

Re: Error 1603 Installing Remote Support Client A.05.50 - FIX

What tool did you use to check the permissions