1753789 Members
7932 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error during IRS setup wizard

BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

Error during IRS setup wizard

I'm struggling to install the new Insight Remote Support monitoring package to monitor a pair of CA EVAs.

I've manually installed the WEBES component when it kept failing; then had to manually start the DESTA service to get the config wizard to open.

Now, on the 2nd screen of the wizard, the 3 navigation buttons are incorrectly drawn under the text. After a brief wait, a popup error reports "unable to load /ajax/rscSettings?dojo.preventCache=1249267392710 status:500" and "internal server error" shows in the top left of the wizard window.

Any ideas how to fix this and continue the setup?
The host device is a VM running HP SIM, WSUS, etc. which I want to setup to monitor the two CommandViewEVA management servers (managed devices).
5 REPLIES 5
BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

Re: Error during IRS setup wizard

I found if I scrolled down the internal text window for the Eula, then i could still click the Next button and continue. I received another, different Ajax error before the end but did appear to finish successfully. The DESTA service failed again, but the Applog seems to suggest an install error. I will try another server reboot...
BigMcLargehuge

Any progress on this? We are having the exact same problem with the exact same symptoms.

IRS installs correctly (but starts displaying the "unable to load" error and the internal server error message while installing). We can open up the console, but when we try to add protocols, systems, etc., the input box pops up but nothing ever shows up after clicking OK. The DESTA service keeps stopping and requires a restart on that service often.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Neil Costello

I am also running into this issue has anyone found a solution?
BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

I opened a case with HP support and after giving over control on a remote session and watching him do all the things I'd tried (uninstall, etc.) he declared that this version is not installable on a virtual machine.
We ran the install on one of the physical CommandView EVA servers (not preferred as it is a non-redundent, single point of failure) and everything installed OK.
Cheers, Barnaby
BigMcLargehuge

The machine we have been struggling with is physical, not virtual. Anyone else?