1753913 Members
8962 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event Notifier Config / HP Management Agent not emailing distribution groups

pcnetguru
Occasional Contributor

Event Notifier Config / HP Management Agent not emailing distribution groups

I configured SNMP notifications on all of our servers. I have the servers emailing a distribution group. However on 3 of those servers, when I do a Send Test Trap, it says it was sent successfully, but we never receive the emails. On those 3 servers I had to add me and my coworker's emails individually for us to successfully receive emails from them.

I tried calling HP but they were no help.

Any ideas?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers>General to Insight Remote Support > General. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Event Notifier Config / HP Management Agent not emailing distribution groups

You can use, HP's Insight Remote Support software for this purpose.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/insight-remote-support/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
PatrickJBurwell
Visitor

Re: Event Notifier Config / HP Management Agent not emailing distribution groups

How did you configure the event notifier? WHERE is that?

@pcnetguru wrote:

I configured SNMP notifications on all of our servers. I have the servers emailing a distribution group. However on 3 of those servers, when I do a Send Test Trap, it says it was sent successfully, but we never receive the emails. On those 3 servers I had to add me and my coworker's emails individually for us to successfully receive emails from them.

I tried calling HP but they were no help.

Any ideas?