108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Event stays 'red' in Insight Online after case closure

SOLVED
Go to solution
HanCas
Valued Contributor

Event stays 'red' in Insight Online after case closure

We have a customer for whom we monitor systems using IRS and Insight Online.

so the customer has set our company as Preferred Partner for service.

We now have an instance whereby a Blade server has logged two incidents, whihc we see in Insigh Online.

The incidents have been fixed and the associated HPE cases are closed. However the indication in Insight Online has not changed. It still shows a problem with the server, through the 'red' indication with the server, and when we open it we see the two supposedly closed incidents marked red. How can we clear this situation?

5 REPLIES 5
JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Do you have access to the CMS? Have the events been closed back at the CMS?  If there are connectivity issues between the CMS and HPE, the closure messages will not get back to the appliance and also not be reflected in Insight Online. If there appear to be no issues with the CMS, I would suggest reaching out to support for assistance. 

I am an HPE employee
HanCas
Valued Contributor

I assume CMS means Call Managment System. I have no access to this.

HPE has closed the case, so it may be closed in CSM as well, but in Insight online it does not show as such.
I cannot check CMS I only have access to the Support Portal of HPE and from there to Call system, to enter and update calls, and to Insight Online and this forum (among others)
How to continue?
Thanks for all the help

JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

I would suggest contacting support. They can look up the status in our data center based off the specific device information and better help your troubleshoot. 

I am an HPE employee
HanCas
Valued Contributor

I have not contacted support, because the only way to get this done is opening a call at the support center.

For this it is required you use a serialnumer.of a server having an issue

This problem is not related to a specific server but to a SW product and its infrastructure, hence impossible to open a call @HPE
If you knw a way to get this addressed please enlighten me

HanCas
Valued Contributor
Solution

For some reason, now the stastus is oke. It apparantly cleared itself