4803 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FYI: new HP Instant Support Enterprise Edition

Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

FYI: new HP Instant Support Enterprise Edition

Hi All,

In case you haven't heard, I wanted to let you know about the availability of HP's new Instant Support Enterprise Edition (ISEE).

HP ISEE is a remote support solution that helps you monitor, diagnose and repair your supported systems and peripherals. Obviously, this is ideal for helping you reduce system downtime. ISEE provides real-time hardware event monitoring and notification (helps you identify and prevent potential problems). Here is the cool part -- if a problem occurs, ISEE uses remote diagnostic and repair scripts and direct remote secure access by an HP support engineer -- enabling faster restoration of your supported systems/devices.

Right now the supported products include HP-UX 11.x servers, connected peripherals and VA 7100/7400 devices hosted by HP-UX or Windows NT/2000 systems.

FYI, for HP-UX 11.x server and VA7100/7400 storage customers who have a same day - 4hour hardware support contract or higher, there is no charge for ISEE. The Small Enterprise Configuration (SEC) is currently available to customers in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. The Data Center Configuration (DCC) is available in Europe, Middle East and Africa and is NOT available in North America at this time. Worldwide availability is planned for later this year.

For more information you can check out:
http://www.hp.com/hps/tech/hardware/elect/isee.htm

Hope this helps somehow.

Regards,
Dan
10 REPLIES 10
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Dan,

Link's OK now - looks interesting. Appears that an agent system on-site runs any repair scripts - correct?
It's good that the HP CE remote access is optional as I'm always leary of giving root or root-level access to personnel unseen & not on-site. I guess it's part of my "postal-worker" phobia. What happens if a CE goes ballistic & blows up my system 'cause "He just can't take it any more!"

And on the lighter side - I had a dream where an HP Sales Rep calls & wants me to beta a new support system - the "MCSEE" (Miss Cleo Support Enterprise Edition) where the system will tell me about trouble I'm going to have before any symptoms even occur ;~)

Tongue Firmly in Cheek,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff,

You win the prize for best ITRC dream so far. ;)

Thanks for the note,
Dan
Mark Fenton
Esteemed Contributor

Looks interesting.

Is Predictive on its way out as a support option?

Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Mark, honestly I have no idea. I'll forward your question onto the ISEE group to see if they have an answer for you.

Regards,
Dan
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Dan,

Why would anyone need that kind of assistance if they have access to this forum? 99%++ of the issues are easily solved by either searching here or posting a new thread :-) Now that's forums success!

To paraphrase from some SNL skits:

"unix has been very very good to me"

"I don't need no stinking engineers"

"How did I know the disk was 16GB, it looked like 15GB"

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Harry, the fact that you have weaved an SNL quote into this forum means you are now a lifetime member! I agree, these forums are all you need! (but the ISEE option is there)...

Have a great day, and don't forget about the Samurai Admin....
Dan
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

Does this take the place of HAO? It sounds pretty similar.
Also, I thought I had heard Predictive was on its' way out, to be replaced by EMS.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

....And the Killer Admins....

I can see it now...blue & white stripes.....rough-looking LINUX admin type beards ..... DDS tapes bobbing on the antennae ..... shouting "We don't need no stinking support contracts!"

Cheers,
Jeff

P.S. OK all you Red-Hatters no offense....it's a joke!
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Mark and Dave,

Below is what I was able to find after some digging around. I'm just the messenger here, so I won't be able to answer questions regarding the content, sorry!

"You may be accustomed to using the current remote support solution, HP Predictive for HP-UX. As a result of ISEE???s availability and increased functionality, Predictive will no longer be available with new system purchases after April 30, 2002. Predictive will continue to be supported with standard updates and patches until June 30, 2003; however, HP encourages you to begin using ISEE as soon as possible so that you can reap the additional benefits of this new technology.

If you are currently using Predictive as your remote support solution, ISEE offers these additional improvements and advantages:

??Real-time event monitoring and notification: Problems are detected and communicated continuously rather than on a daily basis.
??Improved security and continuous connectivity: Internet connectivity enables continuous communication between HP and your systems through a single access point through your firewall or via a proxy server using state-of-the-art security standards
??Improved incident tracking: A web-based interface displays all open incidents and a six-month incident history.
??Reduced complexity and costs: As HP???s common remote support solution, ISEE will eliminate the need to manage multiple HP support tools and connectivity methods across different HP products and operating systems.

For customers who have HP-UX 11.0 or 11i servers and connected peripherals or Virtual Array 7100/7400 connected to Windows 2000/NT, SUN* or Linux* systems, ISEE is available today as a feature of Same Day ??? 4hr. response hardware support contracts. To purchase or upgrade your support contract and take advantage of the benefits of ISEE, contact your local HP sales representative or visit HP???s Support Contract Assistant at http://www.esca.hp.com. For additional information on HP Instant Support Enterprise Edition and how to download it, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/instantsupport. Availability of ISEE will vary by regions.

If you have a mission critical support contract and use High Availability Observatory (HAO) and HP Event Notifier, you should continue to use HAO for remote support. If you have a mission critical support contract but do not use HP Event Notifier, please contact your HP Account Support Engineer to determine the most appropriate remote support solution for your environment.

*SUN and Linux support assumes the system is operating in a SAN environment with the VA management software running on an HP-UX 11.x or Windows 2000/NT server in that SAN."

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dan