7325 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fault not reported to WEBES / IRSA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fault not reported to WEBES / IRSA

Hi All

This morning we had a HDD fail in a server. an SNMP trap was duly received by our HPSIM server and dutifully sent me an email letting me know. The problem is that the fault should also have been submitted via WEBES / IRSA and didnt :)

It is worth noting the RAID config in our server had a hot spare. I couldn't imagine this being the reason no WEBES was raised as a failed disk is a failed disk :)

Here's what I do know:

* SNMP Trap received by HPSIM
* HPSIM created an event
* WEBES / SEA did not receive an event
* Server has valid contract/warranty/entitlement information
* A SEA Test is successful
* Sending a generic Trap successfully triggers a WEBES Remote Support Incident

I'm hoping someone may be able to help in finding out/explaining why the failed drive did not generate an event.
4 REPLIES 4
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

One possible explanation could be that the agent was sending a trap version which is not supported by the installed WEBES version.
HW very new or WEBES version to old (current version 6.1).

I would check the webes log files for the trap.
If your webes version should support the HW you need to open a HW RSP case at HP.

What HW OS and agent are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently running HPSIM 6.3 on Winders Server 2008 x64 virtualised platform in VMWare ESXi 4.1. WEBES currenntly version 6.1

Unfortunately the WEBES logs show nothing insofar as recieving the trap.

That said, looking at the SEA WEBES Console, it does not appear to be set up (there are no machine in the default group), so that may be some of the issue. Currently investigating now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just confirmed that WEBES recieved the trap. (have removed server name & IP address)

______________________________.
INFO: 2011-05-19 04:12:29.648 +1000
Thread: Thread-38: com.compaq.svctools.desta.storage.services.monitor.PostgreSQLTrapListener SNMP monitor for PostgreSQL DB

TRAP RXD 2011-05-19 04:12:24.82
: enterprise OID = 1.3.6.1.4.1.232
: generic = 6
: specific = 3046
: sender IP = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: sender name = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: agent IP = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: agent name = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

In this case you need to verify that the contact and Country Code and site information is provided for the device. I had some system which did not pass the information between SIM and IRSA/ WEBES. You can use the https://sim_server_name:7906 If you find your managed system in orange your SMI WEBES data exchange is broken.

I would recommend to log a HW RSP Service Call at HP.