5117 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

HP IRS - Basic Concept?

dir_mmcd
Occasional Visitor

HP IRS - Basic Concept?

Hi guys,

I have been tasked with setting up IRS for multiple datacentres, however I am having trouble getting setup in my first environment.

In this dev environment I have 10 servers, all running WBEM.  I have installed the HP IRS on a single server and it has detected all of the servers, however only picks up the name and OS, not the serial number or anything important.

Warranty and contract are therefore all nill.  The only exception is the host, which has got the serial number and model but warranty is still not displaying.

The HP website shows that the warranty for this host system is still valid, however the only options for warranty are SAID and CarePack.

So, ultimatley my questions are:

• How do I get all the information from all of my devices automatically?
  • Can the IRS report just on default system warranties?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: HP IRS - Basic Concept?

Hi Matthew - can you tell us a little more about the TYPE of servers that you have installed with WBEM credentials?

Depending on the type of devices you have installed, WBEM may be required, or in many cases, SNMP.

Describe your devices to us - and we can then try to help you figure out what might be missing.

You may also be missing the required managability providers that are required for full support.

Thanks for your help!

Todd

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dir_mmcd
Occasional Visitor

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically the environment consists of HP networking equipment and soley ProLiant ML350 G6 servers.  OS is 2k8r2 x64 Ent.

They're all running iLo (obviously) and WBEM.

Thanks for your help!

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi Matthew,

I see that you're setting up Windows 2008R2 on these devices.  You say you have WBEM support enabled, so I am assuming that you also want to have the Operating System Providers configured? 

These devices are supported with WMI and/or SNMP, and in order to be fully supported, require the Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) to be installed and configured.

In order to have the full support experience with the iLO 4, you also have to configured RIBCL credentials on the

device in the I-RS Administrative console, so that I-RS can communicate fully with the iLO 4.

Let's assume you have the SPP installed for WMI.  In the I-RS server, in the discovery section, you would

need to provide a set of discovery credentials for the WMI credentials, and then run the discovery

of the servers again.  Please note that WBEM credentials are not the same as the ones labelled WMI.

For more information, please visit the HP Insight Remote Support Software homepage, which includes many additional resources.

In the documents located on the site above, you can find more information about setting up the appropriate

credentials, ensuring the appropriate agents are installed/configured etc.

Hopefully this helps you find the information you need.

Todd

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo